Monday 3 October 2011

The beach with tropical oats

It hard to believe its October and just a couple of days ago I spent one of the hottest days this year walking along a beach in the beating sun and eating chips whilst the sunset! (oops, well I am allowed a naughty treat every now and again)

Crazy English weather- but I’m not complaining this time (just would have been nice to have seen some of this weather during August!) 



The crash of the waves, the heat of the sun and the feint whiff of sun cream was still on my mind when I woke up the following morning ready for a bowl of…. tropical oats!

I had taken a pic-nic for our beach trip. Filled with veg sticks and hummous, cous cous, fresh bread, fruit and a couple of bags of these….



Mini bags of ‘infused’ raisins by Nakd (the Nakd bar people), and not having tried them before I couldn’t help myself. Strangely moorishly yummy!

The pineapple infused raisins caught my eye when I opened up the cupboard to ‘discover’ breakfast and before long they had made friends with some mango, nectarine and coconut butter, all mixed together in a lovely bowl of tropical goodness…. Now all I need is my sunglasses and lounger!

 
Recipe: tropical oats

Ingredients:

A serving of oats soaked in soy milk (see this post for my basic oats)
1 to 2 tsp coconut butter
1 handful of fresh or frozen mango chunks
1 nectarine cut up into chunks
Mini packet of pineapple infused raisins (or actual fried pineapple pieces!)
Dollop of soy yoghurt
Sprinkling of coconut chips (if desired or if omitting the coconut butter)

Method:

Pre-soak the oats in the soy milk and then mix through the coconut butter. Cover the oats with the mango and nectarine chunks and lightly mix into the oats. Top the mix with the infused raisins/pineapple and a dollop of soy yoghurt and a sprinkling of coconut chips (I didn’t have any coconut chips to hand).

The perfect breakfast for a hot ‘summers’ day (or even the depths of winter when you need reminding of what summer actually feels like!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...