Sunday 20 November 2011

Cookie dough dip

At the time I was experimenting with my bitter chocolate thins in sandwich form I also came across a recipe for a cookie dough dip on Chocolate Covered Katie’s blog. It uses chickpeas as its main ingredient which had me intrigued since I’ve used chickpeas here in my baking before. The principle of the recipe was so simple that I couldn’t help having a go myself. This is now the second time I’ve made this dip and in the process I added a few small changes to the original recipe.

In case you’re wondering I then also had to make some chocolate cookies to truly test the dip out. Cookies dipped in cookie dough …. Oh yes double whammy! 

This dip would also be great used as a frosting (thin out with a little more soy milk as necessary), as the cream for a chocolate thins sandwich or dipped with fresh fruit. Feel free to throw in some chocolate chips or whatever you fancy if you eat it on its own as a dessert.

Oh and just one more thing… the notion  of  big globs of ‘cookie dough’ then triggered an idea for another yummy twist on this recipe… don’t worry I’ll be sharing all very soon!


Recipe: Cookie dough dip

Makes 1 small bowlful

Ingredients
100g cooked or canned chickpeas
A pinch of salt
Pinch of baking soda
2 tbs soy milk powder (optional but I think it helps give a more sweet-vanilla-milky edge)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbs peanut butter (or other nut butters for a more ‘neutral’ taste)
Approx. 3 tbs soymilk
3 tbs ground oatmeal
1/4 cup agave plus ¼ tsp stevia
¼ tsp cinnamon or nutmeg

Method

Blend everything together in a food processor until very smooth. If not eating straight way, store in the fridge with clingfilm pressing down on surface so a ‘skin’ doesn’t form.



P.S. You may have noted that my title bar has a new page added called ‘Baking tips’.  I’d had a few queries from readers regarding conversions for the recipes where I’ve used Metric instead of American standards.  For a while now I’d also been meaning to put together a summary of the basic principles that apply to my approach to baking as a whole. So, it was a good incentive to stop dithering and get it written… I hope you find it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...