Monday 2 January 2012

A Mantra for Monday no. 1




You are in charge of your own experiences and your own achievements in life. It’s often easy to forget this and blame ‘circumstance’ or ‘situation’ on why we fall short of the mark. 

It is also very easy to carry on down the familiar path, waiting for change to come upon us and not reaslising we need to make the change ourselves so that it works for us in the way we want it to. This way, we are fully in control of our own destiny at not at the mercy of circumstance.

It’s a New Year.

A new start.

Maybe it’s time to release yourself from the cosy comfort of the familiar and begin questioning ‘how’ and ‘why’. Think above and beyond what you know, what you assume and what you take for granted…and quite simply try things a little differently.
A new year is also a time for resolutions. I’m not keen on the frivolous act of making a novelty resolution that has no meaning or that cannot be kept.  Sometimes I make resolutions, sometimes I don’t.

This year I have.

‘To do something that scares me for every month of this year’

That may sound simple to some, but to me it has meaning. I hope it will give me a focus and motivation when my head tells me to sit back and go with the flow and to wait for an easier option. The easier option is simply no longer an option, it can never enable me to become that person I know I can be.

Sometimes you just need to scare yourself little.                    

What is a Mantra for Monday?

Note: Silent Sunday no. 1: My New Years day was spent at the seaside in Skegness, Lincolnshire. We wrapped up warm to guard against the biting winter wind and walked along the seafront as the waves lapped just out of reach. I had a little fun with the ‘burst setting on my compact camera and recorded my family being a little bit crazy. It made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...