Saturday 26 January 2013

‘Muffin top’ banana blondie

This was originally dreamed up as a single serve recipe...and as much as I could have eaten it all to myself, I felt it was better suited two and so shared it with my mum. If you choose to eat it all yourself...I wont judge! It is the weekend after all ;-)


I love single serve recipes as they are quick, require few ingredients and are great for experiments as if things don’t turn out quite the way you expected you haven’t got a whole pan of cake to dispose of! Luckily that was not necessary in this instance.

This little recipe is a coming together of my mug cakes and my blondies. I also tried to strip back the ingredients to the bare minimum to keep it quick and easy.  Chickpeas feature...that was always going to be the case...you know me by now! This little blondie was just like a giant muffin top in shape and texture hence the title of the post, yummy!

I baked this in the oven and it had a deliciously light (blondie like) texture and a golden top. I haven’t tried it in the microwave but since my mug cakes are typically microwave versions I see no reason why this wouldn’t work, obviously without the golden oven baked top so they may not have quite the same 'muffin top-ness'. 


Recipe: Quick banana blondie (for two)

Ingredients:

1 banana (1/3 sliced, 2/3 mashed)
1/4 cup chickpeas
1 tbs coconut oil- melted
2 tbs agave
1/4 cup flour- I used white spelt (but you could use GF mix of choice)
scant 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1/4 tsp (or more) cinnamon
Maple syrup to serve (optional indulgence)

Method:

Blend together the mashed banana and chickpeas with the oil and agave until well blended. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix through.

Spoon the blondie into a 'dollop' on a small lined baking sheet or alternatively use a small pie dish. arrange the remaining banana slices on the top. Decorate with a few choc chunks or nuts if desired.

Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes until golden on top. Note: You could microwave this blondie for 90 seconds, but the texture may not be so light or the top golden.

 

For further guidance on making gluten free choices please see this post.

For tips and info on recipe measurement conversions, ingredients, substitutions and the methods behind how I do things.... check out my 'baking tips' tab at the top of the page.

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, I'm going to have to try it! One question: Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes at what temp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, 180C in the oven, apologies for omitting that part!

      Delete
  2. That looks so good! I can't believe this has chickpeas in it. I definitely need to try microwaving it :)
    Recipe looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I do love chickpeas! Just make sure they are well blended. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Made this for breakfast today, it was awesome! Mine took about 4 minutes in the microwave and came out utterly delish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Snenny, Glad it worked out so well for you, and thank you for letting me know your timings for the microwave version!

      Delete

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...