Monday 18 June 2012

Mantra for Monday no. 25



This is my personal mantra. It has been for many years. 

I think the times at which I feel this most strongly are those times when I’m ill or injured. Those are the times when everything falls into perspective and the one thing that would make you happiest right at that given moment is to be well again; simply to bring the balance back to zero. Hence, happiness is relative.

It’s Saturday evening and I’m typing with one hand as I speak (wishing I’d figured out how to programme voice recognition!) desperately trying to pass the time before my appointment with the out of hours doctors clinic is due.  Only another 15 minutes to wait.

I have injured my shoulder and pain is radiating through my body. All I want is to be ok again. I guess there are a lot of people in the world right now wishing the same thing for so many different reasons.  In so many ways I am actually one of lucky ones, so many people have lost so much more.
Happiness is relative.  When we have it good we often don’t realise how ‘good’ we actually have it! So many times we clamour after a materialistic life and believe that the grass is greener on the other side. You have the power to your own happiness, right here, right now. 

Don’t wait for that realisation to hit you in the face in a way you might least expect. Make the most of all you have today and invite happiness into your world.

What is a Mantra for Monday?
 
Silent Sunday no. 25  Preparing homemade elderflower cordial with freshly picked elderflowers left to seep for a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...