Thursday 6 September 2012

Strawberry cream granita

Summer is slowly drawing to a close…..nooooo!

The kids areback to school, the nights are getting shorter (making it increasingly difficult to get daylight shots of my evening meals) and the air is getting cooler…not that it really hotted up an awful lot round here. Maybe we’ll have an Indian summer. One can all but hope!  I really need to get my 'night mode' photography equipment sorted (lighting and tripod etc), these shorter evenings have turned my priorities to it since the window of daylight during the winter is so restrictive otherwise.

So, before the summer turns into a full on Autumn, I thought I’d best get this recipe out there. I still have a little stock pile of summery recipes to share, so we’ll see how many I can get through over the next few weeks.


This recipe is super simple, an extension of my ice cream making efforts. This freezes hard making it perfect for a ‘scrape your own’ granita. Make sure you blend everything up together really well and you should be fine. You could also try using coconut milk for an alternative creamy texture to the cashew butter- note: I have not tried it this way.

Perfect served over a simple fruit salad.

How do you like to serve you granita?


Recipe: Strawberry cream granita

Makes 1 tub (approx. 2 cups)

Ingredients:

2 cups berries (I used strawberries)
1 cup water
2 tbs agave plus a pinch stevia (more or less to taste)
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup cashew butter

Method

Puree everything together and pour into a tub suitable for the feezer. Whisk with a fork a coip;e of times as it freezes.

To serve, scrape with a form to form crystals. This mixture freezes hard and makes the perfect chilled dessert topping.



For tips and info on recipe measurement conversions, ingredients, substitutions and the methods behind how I do things.... check out my 'baking tips' tab at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...