Monday 8 April 2013

Mantra for Monday no. 66



I’ve done something pretty stupid...or maybe pretty awesome? It depends upon your point of view...I’m punching for the latter!

I needed a challenge.

I needed a challenge for a few reasons, as I discovered during my lent ‘6-weeek to 6-pack challenge’ that pushing myself without a real life tangible goal in mind and a real team of people to kick me into touch and keep me on track and accountable was harder than I had thought. I have questioned whether this made me weak. Possibly? But it also made me more determined to find a way through my struggles.

That determination is my strength.

This is my answer.

I have signed up for the Tough Mudder Challenge in just 8 weeks time, alongside an amazing team of people who have also signed up and I know won’t let me doubt myself or quit. It will be a huge physical and mental challenge as I am terrified of many of the obstacles, most notably the electric shocks and freezing waters.

But i’m in and there is no backing down now. The harder the challenge, the sweeter the victory. I know it will be worth it.


What is a Mantra for Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...