Monday 11 June 2012

Mantra for Monday no. 24



It’s (supposedly) summer time here in England, but with all the torrential rain and chilly temperatures you would never know it. It was even warmer than this some days last winter. 

Rain is a metaphor for life in many ways, and it is very easy to become despondent when the rain pours down, blurring the landscape, muting the colours and scuppering our plans. However we also know that without rain the world could not flourish and we would not be able to appreciate the joys of the sunshine.

The joys of the sunshine!

One of the elements I appreciate most is the seasons. To live in a country where it is hot and sunny all year long holds some appeal at cold and dreary times like these, but I feel the appreciation would be lost. The days we have of sunshine, and sitting outside amongst the lush green grass holds endless appeal when interspersed with rain, cloud, thunder, wind…all of the elements of nature we are lucky to experience.

Without the lows you would not experience the highs in life, I am a firm believer of this. Listening to rain pouring outside as I type, makes me smile…I can’t wait for the sunshine that will be just around the corner.

What is a Mantra for Monday?

Silent Sunday no. 24  It's been berry's with everything for me these last few days, now that the English summer fruit is so plentiful. I couldnt resist plucking out these cherries from a bowlful on the kitchen side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...