Tuesday 25 September 2012

Ginger pumpkin no-bake bars


A follow up from this post…I felt the ginger version deserved its very own write up..

The warming ginger and carob kick is the perfect flavour for when summer is not quite out, yet autumn is sneaking up on you from behind!


These were a treat made for my sister as a special request to take with her to the music festival she was going to a couple of weeks ago. Easy, healthy, portable snacks were the deal of the day.

Knowing how much she liked the regular gingerbread smoosh bars, I thought I’d indulge my new found love of seedy things and make a nut fee version, whilst also going a little more crazy by adding a carob dusting to the top. The great thing about the added carob is that it should help the bars stick together a little less when packaged together for her trip (alternatively just lay each bar between a layer of parchment). The carob also gives an almost 'velvety' appearance to the top which I really loved.

I am happy to report these bars were given the seal of approval!


Recipe: Ginger pumpkin no-bake bars

Approx. 10 bars

Ingredients

100g dates
80g mix of seeds (I used mainly pumpkin seeds with a few sunflower seeds)
50g raisins
30g ground oats*
30g buckwheat flour
1tbs sliced fresh ginger (optional)
1tbs ground ginger
½ tsp mixed spice
½ tsp cinnamon
Approx. 1 tsp carob for dusting

Method

Mix all ingredients in a food processor until you have a firm and fairly fine sticky mixture.

I formed bars by pressing the mixture into the bottom of a small loaf tin lined with parchment for easy removal. Sprinkle carob flour evenly across the top and gently rub with fingers to settle the powder.

Allow to chill for an hour before slicing into bars.





2 comments:

  1. Is there any pumpkin in these bars? I don't see it in the ingredient list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, the pumpkin seeds make the pumpkin element of these bars, sorry for any confusion!

      Delete

Comments make me smile....go on!

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...